Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

Or, if you celebrate chinese new year, delay that a month.

So, another exciting year.. The Year of Obama! there is something to be happy about. May he solve all the worlds woes.

Personally, i think my job jumping will be delayed a while. unless something incredible turns up - which i don't think is likely. i suppose this is good, since my resume lacks large amounts of time at one place. on the other hand, i don't intend to delay it too long, so even a year or so at sea world won't improve my job hopping. anyways, i don't see the government (or whoever) opening a lot of forestry type jobs right now. but i'll jump on anything if i see it! i think instead i will volunteer and get to know people and network and gain skills, take classes etc. so when opportunities arise, i will look better.

this year i've made no resolutions. i'm not much one for changing me. i'm trying to purge and declutter, but thats not really a resolution. i'd like to get stronger and fitter, but i've decided to save gym money (i'm slowly replacing my car piece by piece) and delay that - and i'm certainly not going to do anything at home. maybe yoga later... sometime.
so, my only goal this year is to work towards the ultimate goal of a career in forestry/environmental something. which will lead to financial security and stability and... a dog!

other than that, western new year has not been so exciting. maybe chinese new year will be more so? maybe its still last year...

2 comments:

  1. So, this is my first writing on your blog sister. It is good to see you keeping up on this. I really like your "Christmas is to me" for it is the same here... no surprise. I think I'm getting ready to go back to school and finish, obviously asap. Did I tell you I'm trying to self-tutor/prep myself in the College Algebra class. I picked up two books from 1/2 books. I know TCJC is just a means, but I'm really ready to further my path into eastern holistic healing. Well, all for now I guess. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. you think your getting ready? why are you anonymous? thanks for reading/posting!!

    ReplyDelete

which is more important? i.e. which would you choose at the exclusion of the other?